Summer 2021 Bible Quiz
General Instructions for CCD students and parents:
• The Summer 2021 Quiz is based on St. Mark’s Gospel (New American Bible Revised Edition)
• The quiz is mandatory for all CCD students who are rising 4th graders to rising High School Seniors.
• Each child in a family should be registered separately (e.g., Families with 2 children will have 2 separate registrations for each of their children) • It will be an online Quiz and therefore each student should have access to uninterrupted internet connection during the Quiz.
• It is preferable to use a computer for Registration and the Quiz as you may run into glitches on a phone or tablet.
Last date for registration is July 2nd:
Instructions for registration can be found below.
• The Quiz will be held on Saturday, July 17th, 2021 at 11:30 AM.
• A registration fee will be charged during registration. The money will be used for prizes (cash or gift card) to be given to the winners of the Quiz.
• There will be prizes for the top 3 senior students (Grades 8-12) and top 3 junior students (Grades 4-7).
• Evaluation of the Quiz will be based on highest points achieved in the shortest time. Therefore, the lesser the time spent on each question, the higher the possibility of winning (provided the answer is correct).
• Negative marking is there for wrong/missed answers and unanswered questions.
• The Quiz will be a mixture of multiple choice, multiple correct answers, True/False, pictures, match the correct answers etc
• Participation certificates will be available at the end of the Quiz to all students.
Registration Details for parents:
Registration fee is $5 per child. Please have your credit card ready before you register. Option is there to log into your PayPal account to pay. We will not accept cash or check.
• Click on the link below to enter the registration page.
• On the registration page, fill out the correct FIRST AND LAST NAME OF THE CHILD (NOT PARENT’S NAME)
• Ensure that the e-mail address you enter is correct. Each child’s registration will be unique to that email. Example: If you have 2 children, you will need 2 e-mails to register both children separately.
• Note down the password you use for each registration. Your e-mail will be your username.
• A verification code will be sent to your e-mail.
• Parent’s name is needed only during payment with credit card (Credit card payment is secured through PayPal. If you have a PayPal account, option is there to log in to your account and pay).
• Once you have paid, you will receive an e-mail with the Quiz website link.
• Once you log in to the Quiz website, you may see the Quiz, but it will be inactive.
• Quiz will be active only on July 17th at 11:30 AM.
• REGISTRATION LINK: https://candidate.speedexam.net/register.aspx?site=olphgw
• IF YOU RUN INTO TECHNICAL ISSUES, CONTACT:
Roby George (301-875-6267)
Justin Jose (240-938-8661)
Fr. Roy Moolachalil (630-880-8520)
On the day of the quiz:
• Ensure that the student is in front of the computer at 11:15 AM
• Please check the following: o You should have uninterrupted internet connection for an hour o Laptops should preferably be connected to a wall outlet to avoid it from shutting down.
o Remember the e-mail and password you used for logging into the Quiz website.
• Log into the Quiz website early to avoid delays.
• Do not log into multiple computers or devices at the same time using the same username and password as this may result in cancellation of the Quiz.
• Remember: lesser the time spent on each question, the higher the possibility of winning (provided the answer is correct).